This temple is built by swami OMKARANANDHA JI, student of Swami CHITBHAVANANDHA JI. Here the nine feet Lord Dhakshinamurthy facing south is regarded as the ultimate guru-the embodiment of knowledge and the destroyer of ignorance. Large number of devotees visit from all over india. Daily pooja’s and special pooja’s on every Thursdays and mahapradosam days is observed devotionally.
The temple was constructed by the king Rajasimeshwaran with the lingam as the deity in the middle, named as Thiru Poolanandeshwarar Sivakami Amman Temple. Shivalinga in the temple is a swayambumurthi with a cut scar. Mother is seen with a face ever sweating. The great marvel of the temple is that the Lord looks as tall as the view or bhakti of the devotee.
Goddess Gowmariamman is the main deity of this village. This goddess have an ancient history. This goddess is a 'Suyambu' (naturally grown deity) fulfilling prayers of her devotees. Yearly Chithirai Thiruvizha of Gowmariamman temple is celebrated for 8 days in May month. In these 8 days, millions of tourists and devotees arrive and celebrate the festival. Raising 'Kavadi' and "Agni Chatti" for the Goddess Gowmariamman is the main part of the worship.
The Kalahastiswamy Temple is a Hindu temple located in the town of Uthamapalayam in Tamil Nadu, India. Dedicated to the god Shiva, the temple is believed to have been constructed by three warring kings who came to a compromise. The temple has paintings dating to the Madurai Nayak period.
- * Pick Up From Hotel Western Gatz At 6:30 Am
- * Visit To Vedapuri Dhakshinamurthi Temple At 7:00 Am
- * Break Fast After Swamy Darshan
- * Visit To Gowmari Amman Temple At 10:00 Am
- * Back To Hotel Western Gatz For Lunch And Rest
- * Pick Up From Hotel Western Gatz At 4:30 Pm
- * Visit to Uthamapalayam Kalahastiswamy Temple and Shivagami Amman temple At 5:30 Pm
- * Back To Hotel Around 8:00 Pm